The greatest compliment any business can receive is quite simply “I just love (visiting / working / dealing / staying here) you.”
When you gain this level of admiration from customers, it propels your business to dizzy new heights, not only because they will provide you with business time and time again, but also because they have become an advocate or brand ambassador for your company and will quite tell happily promote you and refer you to one and all.
Below are eight golden rules for getting customers to love your business, your products and your service.
1. Always make building the relationship more important than making the sale.
2. Seek out opportunities for the customer to buy, rather than opportunities for you to sell.
3. Have meaningful engaging conversations and never give a sales pitch.
4. Show interest and become curious about the customer as a person and let the friendship evolve from that.
5. Don’t try to be a super hero who swoops in to solve the customer’s problem, the silver bullet approach can be left to the cow boys and the pushy sales people.
6. Believe in your heart that you and your business are the best at what you do and always be seeking out new ways to improve your customer service and retention.
7. Always deliver exactly what you promised the customer, no if’s and no but’s.
8. Never ever take a customer for granted, it can take 15 years to gain someone’s trust and 15 seconds to lose it.